As we near the end of Q3 earnings reporting season and get closer to the end of calendar 2019, I wanted to reflect on some current trends in the stock market. While it’s been a choppy year at times, the S&P 500 is now once again at all-time highs. That begs the question, how should we think about the prospect of strong returns in 2020?
I talk about my plan for stocks going into 2020, as well as some specific stocks that I am digging into after major Q3 earnings news.
In today’s video, I walk through:
- How 2019 compares to past years in the stock market
- Which sectors are seeing the best & worst earnings growth
- How expensive the stock market looks compared to recent history
- Specific stocks that have been outperforming in my portfolio
- Stocks I’m looking into after big recent moves post-earnings
- My general stock investing plan going forward
Links & Resources:
- Grab Travis’s Hedge Fund Investor Playbook
- Read the StockGeek Investing Newsletter
- Subscribe to Travis’s new YouTube channel – StockGeekTV
- Earnings Scorecards: Factset and Refinitiv
- Historical P/E ratios for the S&P500
- Join The Skill Incubator’s Wealth Building Community